Social Selling Index (SSI)
What is Social Selling Index you ask? Well, think of LinkedIn as a game, and social selling index ultimately being your score. When it all boils down to it S.S.I index ultimately influences your reach throughout LinkedIn as a platform and can now enhance your outreach.
Whenever you publish a post on Linkedin, this will be shown to “a first organic batch”. The size of this batch depends on both your current SSI score and an “All-Star profile” rating.
Your social selling index measures how effective you are at establishing your professional brand, finding the right people, engaging with insights, and building relationships.
How do I find my Social Selling Index?
Head over to https://www.linkedin.com/sales/ssi
It should either prompt you to login or take you directly to your Social Selling Index dashboard. As you can see on the left, Social Selling Index can be measured weekly and compared against competitors within your own industry, giving you an idea on where you can comfortably sit and do better than any opposing business’.
All Star Profile rocks!
LinkedIn rates your profile with a profile strength score. There are 3 different levels:
Depending on your level, Linkedin will adjust the reach in your first batch as follows:
1. All-Star (1.5x your normal reach!)
2. Intermediate (Standard LinkedIn reach.)
3. Beginner (Half the reach of an intermediate profile (0.5x)
In order to increase the reach amongst your first batch we strongly recommend to increase your S.S.I score and make sure your profile has an All-Star rating!
How to achieve an All-Star profile.
- Use a custom profile photo that looks professional, preferably a headshot where possible.
- Use a headline bespoke to your business. Tell customers what your profile does in one line.
- Add a summary to your profile to tell customers how you can help and what prior experiences you may have.
- Add your current position and previous employment experiences.
- Add skills and expertise to your profile to tell your connections what you do and what you excel in.
- Include your education details where possible.
- Add Sales Navigator to your LinkedIn account to boost your SSI rating by 20%.
Remember, the more detail you add to your profile + additional multimedia = the more rewarding connections can be.